The voucher must be used to install at least 1 primary measure. This can be an insulation measure which we cover as listed below.
The following insulation measures are covered by us:
- Suspended under floor insulation
- Loft insulation
If you install at least 1 primary measure, your voucher can be used to help cover the cost of any of the following secondary measures which we are covered to install:
- Double/triple glazing (where replacing single glazed windows).
- Secondary glazing (in addition to single glazing).
- External energy efficient doors (replacing single glazed or solid doors installed before 2002).
- Heating controls Hive system you can use from your phone to control temperature this can also include smart thermostatic radiator valves.
The amount you get towards the cost of secondary measures cannot exceed the amount you get for primary measures.
How much you can get
The government will provide a voucher that covers two-thirds of the cost of qualifying energy efficiency or low carbon heating improvements to your home. The maximum value of the voucher is £5,000.
If you are on a low income and receive certain benefits, you can receive a voucher covering all of the cost of the improvements. The maximum value of the voucher is £10,000.